Friday, October 22, 2010

Morning Bliss = Angry Husband

I work the night shift. Mornings have never been my thing. I generally do not get to bed until well after midnight which means that if I am awake before 9 am beware of the mommy. The hubby has YET to be able to get the oldest child ready for school without waking me. He was recently let go from his cake walk job at crummy job place so now he is a stay at home dad which makes me the bread winner so to speak (he gets a retirement from his 25 years in the Navy but its only enough for the house payment and a car payment. My check covers everything else.) Therefore it is hubbies job to get oldest child to the bus stop and come back in time to get the other two out of bed and fed and dressed without noise. This does not happen.

This morning I woke to my smallest child calling for me at 7 am, the butt-crack of dawn apparently because the sun was not shining, it was completely dark. This means that winter is around the corner bringing snow, biting cold, long walks up my iced over driveway because the dang SUV I bought is not a 4x4, and of course tax season!

Dreading all of this in the course of two minutes the small child calls for me again. I decide to get up and go get her, perhaps I can coax her into coming back to bed with me? So, I make the LONG trek to her room which is across the house, noticing that hubby is sitting on the couch playing on his computer, oldest child is in the bathroom staring at herself instead of brushing her teeth, and small toys litter my house like small bombs that will rip a foot apart on an unsuspecting mom who is barefoot as she walks through the house. Hubby ignores small child and me as we finally make our way back to my room to lay back down.

Mom and small child fall back asleep together for another two hours. It was a beautiful morning. I got up and got both of my girls dressed I was happy because finally I got some sleep. The hubby had left the house without saying more than two words to me. Once they were dressed the girls headed off to Mamaws and Papaws house to find daddy. They found him and he came back to the house with them, grabbed his keys, and left in the truck, still not a word to me.

I am not sure why he was and still is angry at me today. At least my house was nice and quiet before I left for work putting me in an amazing mood. I wonder if the silent treatment will continue once I arrive home again?

No comments:

Post a Comment