Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earth-QUAKE!

Most of you have read or heard on the news about the earthquake that hit Virginia yesterday at approximately 2 pm EST. The quake/aftershocks were felt in 22 states. One of them being MINE! I was sitting at work, minding my own business, when I felt my desk start to move back and forth a bit, like a heavy footed person had walked past. I then looked about for someone shaking their leg which tends to wiggle the desks nearby but I found nothing and no one. Then I looked outside and the trees were shaking back and forth. I stood up and asked if anyone else could feel the building shaking. No response other than, "seriously Nichole? The building is not shaking" I was adamant about it. I KNEW what an earthquake felt like. Although I had only been through one in my life when I was in Utah, I NEVER forgot how it felt and this was an honest to God quake.

Fifteen minutes later our CEO emailed us to let us know that indeed it was, and I was right all along. Well, he did not come right out and say "Nichole you are a genius and we will listen to you forever," but he should have. In either case after the email was received I stood up again and said, "I TOLD YOU SO!" Maybe next time they will believe me and I am not as crazy as they think! Although I may still be crazy but I am hypersensitive to the ground moving beneath me.


Someone mentioned yesterday that since I was in the Navy I was used to feeling movement under my feet. I think she may be right. You have got to have sea legs when traveling on a ship, so what would be the difference if you had sea legs on moving earth under your feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment